OSHA recently released a series of suggestions that are to help reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus for workers who perform cleaning services. These tips are a part of a series of alerts that OSHA has released to provide up-to-date guidance to protect the safety of workers and workplaces in America.
Tips to discourage the spread of COVID-19 and protect cleaning staff are as follows:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Avoid dry sweeping or use of high-pressure water steams when possible.
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting common services.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Use EPA-approved disinfectants and cleaning chemicals.
- Use the warmest water level that is safe. Also, dry laundry completely.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water.
- Social Distance – maintain at least 6-feet between co-workers and customers when possible.
- If possible, wash your clothes as soon as you get home.
- Report any safety and health concerns to your supervisor.